Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
Located just off the A303, The Wagtail pub is the perfect place for a family meal whether you’re local or just passing through. Pop in to refuel after an afternoon walking in the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, or visit on your way to or from Salisbury and Stonehenge. With a massive menu of classic pub food, plus a huge specials board that changes regularly, we’ve got something for every appetite!
We’ve given the favourites on our pub menu tons of little twists, and if you fancy swapping sides, all you have to do is ask. Head for the specials board and a selection of mouth-wateringly original burger flavours. You’ll also find vegetarian options, healthy choices, and adventurous world food. Not to mention chef’s specials that take classic British dishes and make them modern!
Our children’s menu is just as generous—we’ve made sure everything they love is there.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
With our extensive food menu, we can cater for all tastes. Try our succulent beef steaks, our beautiful burgers, or one of our many traditional pub classics or our Mega Meals - including our 30oz mega mixed grill! There’s a great choice of specials each day, featuring a world of wholesome, exciting meals for you, and don’t forget those luscious roasts designed to make every Sunday special. Great food – made all the more enjoyable thanks to Two for One.View our Menus